Friend/Buddy System!

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ICauseDarkDays, Dec 23, 2016.

?

Friend System?

1. Yeah, it could be pretty cool.

71.4%
  2. I don't really know about it.

14.3%
  3. I personally don't approve.

14.3%
  1. ICauseDarkDays

ICauseDarkDays
    Expand Collapse

Ooooohhhhh man! I have had this idea for forever and just remembered it when looking through my old "Potential Server Improvements" List!

The command could be something like /f list - /fs list - /bs list

Chat Menu:

---===Jectile Friend List===---
    * ICauseDarkDays Playing Zambies on Rooftop 4 [Invite] [Message] [Defriend]
    * TF_141 Playing Shoota on Hardhat TDM [Invite] [Message] [Defriend]

* Knavishzeus is Offline [Message] [Defriend]

Really, this could be implemented in Shoota as well, but I think it being in Zambies would be better. All of arguments are as shown below:

Pros
    • You get to know when your friend is online without pulling up a distracting "Tab List" of players.
    • You get to know which game they're in and in Zambies, maybe what wave they're on and how long they've been in it.
    • Friend-only private chat! If the player doesn't want to private chat, they could do something like /fpm disable and the other player will be shown "This player has messages disabled. Please try again soon" or something along those lines.
    • Small invite button to invite them to their game. From Zambies to Shoota and from Shoota to a spectator in Zambies! This could be used if the player is in a high round and they want to see how they did it, maybe?
    Cons
    • If you wanted to "get away" from a player by going to another gamemode, they could see you're still online.
    • The private chat. Sure, you could disable it, but there may be some offensive things people can say when they "fake-friend" you, like "you're hacking, I'm reporting you!" or "wow, you suck!".
    • People could get spammed with requests, but there could be a command, such as /[preferred method of abbreviation] toggle.

If you have any more pros or cons I should add to the list, please let me know in the comments and please vote on the poll above! Thanks for reading!

- ICauseDarkDays // Tyler

xXElite_RangerXx likes this.
  2. DesertEagle

DesertEagle
    Expand Collapse

Woa damn,
    I like this Idea actually but since Jectile isn't pretty much a big of a server it won't be hard searching for a friend as you can just simply check 2 servers. Private Chat would be kind of an Issue, due to harassment and other rule breaking messages because obviously players also want to have a private chat ingame so this is an issue. For spamming friend requests you can just simply add a cooldown or a block feature that let's you block the person you don't wanna accept.

3. Spidey1918

Spidey1918
    Expand Collapse

Ahem Private Matches Cough Say what? Private Matches?

Herp likes this.
  4. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb
    Expand Collapse

No, nobody said private matches, you should get your hearing checked.

5. ICauseDarkDays

ICauseDarkDays
    Expand Collapse

yes his hearing mistake has given me an idea :rolleyes:

6. Spidey1918

Spidey1918
    Expand Collapse

We. Need. Private. Matches. @ICauseDarkDays The idea's already been asked for, but have fun with that one again.

Herp and xXElite_RangerXx like this.
  7. tungstene2002

tungstene2002
    Expand Collapse

Of course we need private matches. How can we do a great 1vs1 between friends witout this ?

8. X_LiterallyMNT_X

X_LiterallyMNT_X
    Expand Collapse

This is awesome yet I betcha no updates will come