"UnderCity" original map

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Yumix38, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Yumix38

Yumix38
    Expand Collapse

Hey there! so while I was playing the server and playing the same maps over and over again, it got boring. I think that they should add new maps weekly to keep things fresh. I mean, we already played those maps in call of duty and now we are playing it here, why not add something new like have people make their own maps and play them on the server, a lot of people have requested that. So I decided to update a map I already made on ps3, I converted the world to a pc world and polished it as well as added a few new things. So this map has already been tested for pvp, except we were using swords and bows not guns :/ Now I know that only call of duty remakes are allowed but when original maps are allowed, I think the admins should take a look at this :D

UnderCity is square shaped while most of the action will be taking place in the middle. This map features multiple playing styles, if you waned to use a sniper (I heard people waned new maps for sniping) you could just stay on the outside areas of the map where long sight lines take place. Or if you feel like rushing with a shotgun, smgs, stick to the middle area of the map where there are buildings you can go inside of for close range gun fights as well as alley ways. You can also go on the roofs! to get to some of the roofs there will be parkour, and if you control the roofs, you basically control the map since you can see basically everything. But its also a risky move since camping on the roofs leaves you exposed and players could easily pick you off. I think this maps suites all the game modes especially domination since the B flag is right in the middle and is very challenging/rewarding to take control of, there will be intense fights for the middle flag. Feel free to download this map and tell me your opinion, and if this should be featured on the servers. Thanks!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/undercity-3759586/

Attached Files:

2. EseTomate

EseTomate
    Expand Collapse

:D Finally we have more map devs n.n

REVIEW:

Too much "gray" in the map
    Too squared buildings
    Too much iron/stone blocks & stone slabs, there's no variety (exept the [red]sandstone)

Final: 6/10
    It would be funny to play this in dem or dom

Skulhead2a likes this.
  3. Yumix38

Yumix38
    Expand Collapse

well, a city irl has mostly grey buildings but meh, im not bothered by the too much grey

4. MP5/TacKnife Expert

MP5/TacKnife Expert
    Expand Collapse

Is this a Call of Duty map? I havent played a map like that before...

5. 3tunnels

3tunnels
    Expand Collapse

It isn't, which is the main reason why I think it will be rejected

6. MP5/TacKnife Expert

MP5/TacKnife Expert
    Expand Collapse

Welp, I was thinking of the same thing too, Ima try building cod4 maps after I finish the new lobby

7. Skulhead2a

Skulhead2a
    Expand Collapse

Looking at the project, I only see a few flaws.

1. The buildings are completely flat and squared. No detail. What you could do is use some stone bricks, and alternate between cracked stone bricks and some mossy ones, to make a building look older.

2. You need some different colors. I know a lot of buildings are gray, but change it up a bit!

3. The ground is too flat. Add some slabs or stairs and give some layers to the floor.

Other than that, it is a good concept, and I am excited to see what you do with it. Good luck!

Yumix38 likes this.
  8. Knavishzeus

Knavishzeus
    Expand Collapse

STANDOFOFOFOFOFOFOFOFOOFOOF

9. EAA771517

EAA771517
    Expand Collapse

You can do this very easily with WE

10. EseTomate

EseTomate
    Expand Collapse

The magic of WE... the best plugin

11. EAA771517

EAA771517
    Expand Collapse

Or mod, if you're one of those people (like me)

EseTomate likes this.